Sunday, April 22, 2012

Is Android finished?

I am not so sure.

This link outlines a number of 'issues' that the Google OS faces

http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-04-21/tech/31377717_1_android-appcelerator-ios

Google has a lot of money and other resources to  able it to bounce back. The 'Nexus Tablet' has not appeared on the scene yet, and it is not clear just how good Windows 8 will be.

That said Android has to improve. I can not for the life of me get the 'Ice Cream Sandwich' (Android 4.0 to those of us who don't do silly names ...) to work on my Samsung Smartphone. I do not use any paid Android Apps and I would really love a platform I could properly use for work.

I still have not got the inclination to buy an Ipad. (too expensive and, I can not use it for work) so I am not going to purchase a new Tablet to much later in the year.

If Google gets its act together it will be able to compete with Microsoft and Apple. That will be good for consumers. It will be good for mobile content providers too. I am hoping having three major platforms will stimulate innovation in the ebook arena.

Once again I have to say, let see what happens?

No comments:

Post a Comment