Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Nook will survive.

The Nook product line is going to survive I hope.

This link puts the opposing argument.

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/rick-newman/2012/06/21/microsoft-could-kill-the-barnes--noble-nook

Barnes and Noble still need a flagship (physical) product to focus there ebookstore offerings. Microsoft is investing hundreds of millions of dollars into their business and Windows 8 is about to be released. These are good reasons to thing that some very resource rice individuals and organisations want the Nook to succeed.

Also don't forget that Amazon has a lot of enemies. The Nook is a way to strike back.

I hope that this product makes it. Although it has not been made available in the UK (so I have not got my mitty paws on the thing yet...) but the reviews are good.

And I like the idea of competition.

Don't write the Nook off just yet....

No comments:

Post a Comment