Sunday, September 23, 2012

Where next?

The last few weeks have been busy ones for Fisky's Scribbling. I have published 4 new flash fiction stories and republished 'The Stallions of Lehr.' I am keen to move on and write even more next month but I will take a moment to rest.

The other aspects of my life are equally hectic at the moment. The day job continues to demand the vast bulk of my time, energy and attention. My family life is busy too with the reality of dealing with aged parents.

So where do I go now?

I would like to publish longer pieces of fiction. 'Tara's God' is a extended short story that has been sitting on my shelf for far too long. This one is far too long for my blog so first smashwords ebook is about to be born. I just need to feel down the back of my sofa to find the cash to pay the cover artist and hey presto it shall be done.

My novels need to be 'moved along' as well. The 2012 work in progress continues to chug towards completion. I estimate it will take at least another year for this book to finish the first draft stage. Currently I have only managed to implement 10% of my plan. It has been a demanding year, as I have eluded to earlier.

My 2011 book 'Children of the Storm' is still sitting in pieces on my laptop and needs the second draft desperately. This I think is my next big project. I will start the replanning exercise very soon. Next weekend if all goes well.

Other ideas continue to pound my temples with vigorous regularity. I would absolutely love to write a gamebook series in the line of Fighting Fantasy or Way of the Tiger. I am not sure whether the 27 hour will be invented in time however...

So I will be announcing more creative news here. More flash fiction will follow and I will be commenting on all thinks bookish... I hope you will find it all entertaining and maybe informative as well? Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment