Monday, April 22, 2013

What not to write (Just yet)

What I am not planning on doing at the moment (or for a while) is to write a book on... 'How to write.'

Who am I to tell you?

I create my stories in my own unique way. I have processes and techniques I use that work. I continuously look for means of finding improvements. Innovation is part of everything I do. I could share my secrets with you. That's not the problem.

The issues is that what works for me would not necessarily suit anyone else. Also I think each writer should find his or her own way. It is healthy and more effective to do this. 

Don't let anyone tell you how to write!

Listen to good advice. Learn from the masters. Read widely. I should do more of these things.

The best thing to do is to enjoy the whole process. Creative writing is the best past time I know about including ones involving less clothes...

And when you are a successful writer then (and only then... and I am not there yet!) you can make your very own decision on whether to write a book on 'How to write.'


No comments:

Post a Comment