Tuesday, November 8, 2016

How I intend to help the Refugees.

Local Refugee Cafe 'Rasmachaz' - What you get for your donation
Local Stroud Refugee Cafe - Rasmachaz

I am serious about re-orienting my life towards helping others, and I am not alone. I have met so many amazing people trying to do 'something' to make a difference. I left my job to do this. 

There are so many other people doing everything they can to help those in need, particularly refugees fleeing war and persecution. 'Rasmachaz' is a local cafe in Stroud High Street which sells  clothes and other things to support the refugees in the local area. GARAS ('Gloucestershire Action for Refugees and Asylum Seekers) is a similar venture. 

I aim to raise funds for both of these organisations as well as for international charities such as UNICEF.

I will do this by selling e-books and other things. I aim to use a 'Pay what the reader considers the book is worth' basis and will donate at least 20% of whatever profits I make from each of the books. I need to take some very basic living expenses out but if I make more money then I will donate a higher percentage. 

My first e-book (A science fiction novella called 'The Ascension of Saints') is out in the new year.

This image shows the sort of things that your donations will buy. I am sure the other charities have similar lists. It does make a real difference to peoples lives. I love writing and I am good at it, but really this is about helping people in dire need. It is not about me. I hope you can support me, and more importantly support the refugees.


No comments:

Post a Comment