Monday, February 21, 2011

Too many projects and not enough time!

There are times in my life where I struggle to find ideas for writing and other times when my imagination is like a powerhouse...

Talking to other writers over the years I have found that a common problem is spreading the creative assets we all have too thinly.  I can only really make progress on a writing project (or anything else in fact) when I shut out all the competing pressures and distractions.  These include other writing projects!

I've been working on various ideas for years.  One major source of inspiration was my time at university where I spent far too many hours role playing (and drinking!).  That time was fantastic fun and has given me a lot of material for my current work. Too much at times.  It is the ability to organise and express the ideas bubbling in his or her head that makes a writer successful. 

One thing at a time Fisk!

I am the worst offender when it comes to dashing off onto a wild goose chase.  I currently have two novels in the design stage and a number of short works pending.  I also have a day job.   Being prolific is great but it has too be done in serial rather than a parallel manner.

I'll give more details of projects underway soon.  Until then enjoy your writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment