Sunday, February 27, 2011

Location, Location, Location!

In my upcoming novel I am attempting to create a visceral sense of place.  I am setting the story in a alternative future for the Stroud Valleys.  Should be fun!

I see my novel coming to life more every day. Every where I go i see potential settings and my imagination is running riot.

Its really important to be able to strongly visualise the geography of the story. If I can't see how it will look how can anyone else?

Of course the beauty of fiction is that, well its fiction... Poetic License is a wonderful thing and I'm enjoying tweaking the 'look' of my home town.  Hopefully its going to a fun experience for the readers as much as it has been for me in the design stage.

So no more spoilers from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment