Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ice Cream based nightmares for Microsoft?

So is Windows 8 the last throw of the dice for Redmond?

http://betanews.com/2012/01/12/only-windows-8-can-save-the-pc-market-now/

The link above goes to a story which talks about some of the problems Microsoft have currently.

I can not answer this question myself. I need a PC to write my books. My employer uses Windows PCs. Its difficult to imagine a world without them really.

But what if Android Tablets had a decent data input / control interface (an advanced version of Apple's Siri for example) and better display technology and processor power then maybe Windows wouldn't be so essential?

I can not believe that the Seattle gang will go without a fight though. Lets wait to see how the new OS sells...

No comments:

Post a Comment