Monday, January 9, 2012

Ultrabooks or Tablets

Writing is one thing, getting people to read the finished work is another...

The last few years have seen the advent of the ebook, with the success of reading platforms such as the Kindle and Ipad.

Have a look at this link

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/2012/01/intels-vision-for-ultrabooks-a-combo-of-touchscreens-kinect-and-siri.ars?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss

Ultrabooks are coming.

In fact they are already available but the full benefit of the touchscreen, camera and voice recognition systems haven't been integrated yet.

I like laptops for the ease of input of information that is possible with them. I also like the idea of a large screen. So maybe I should consider an ultrabook as my next writing device.

But who would read books on a laptop?

As reading devices I do not think they will catch on. In that department ereaders and tablets will beat them hands on.

Lets see if I am right?


No comments:

Post a Comment