Monday, April 30, 2012

Microsoft buys into Nook

I knew it!

Well actually I did not know that Redmond would pump $300 Million into Barnes and Nobles ereader division but I did guess that Microsoft would do 'something significant' with ebooks in time for the launch of Windows 8

Have a look at this article to see what is happening

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/30/microsoft_pumps_cash_barnes_and_noble/

I think it is a really good move for both partners. I also think it will give Amazon and Apple much needed competition.

And that is good news for indie authors. A level playing field in the ebook marketplace will keep royalties high and the retailers keen to attract content providers. As a wannabe indie author that is pleasing to hear.

I just can not wait to get my mitts on a Windows 8 powered Nook ereader ... Can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment