Sunday, April 29, 2012

Two alternatives to Kindle Fire

I thought I would post this link to a review of the Samsung Galaxy 2 7.0 and the Nook Glowlight

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20120428/business/704289966/

I live in the United Kingdom so I do not currently have access to the Barnes and Noble ebookstore or their ereaders. I am sure that will change and I have always been impressed by the reviews of the Nook family of devices, even though I have not managed to get my 'grubby paws' on one ...

Still the Glowlight idea is fantastic.

The Samsung Tab is more interesting to me however. I have a number of ebooks from differing ebook providers and would love to be able to view them all on a single device. My phone is okay but the screen is a tad too tiny.  So an android tablet at a competitive price such as the one mentioned in the review I have linked would be attractive to me.

I do not care if the services are more fragmented on a Samsung Tab rather than a Amazon one. Once the accounts are all set up it is usually easy another to switch between software providers, I do not see a problem there.

So that is my current thoughts on these two devices. Would I buy the Samsung Tab? Well the Google Nexus Tablet is due out in July ... I think I will wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment