Sunday, March 31, 2013

Hiding behind the sofa

My sofa has casters attached.

Which could have been a good thing tonight. Doctor Who does not usually frighten me these days but it is good to know that techniques used in years passed can still be employed if needed.

I enjoyed 'The Bells of St John.' I think that Jenna Louise-Coleman is going to be a hit. Her character is engaging and lively. I expect great things.

Stephen Moffat is a brilliant writer. While I still remain a devotee of his predecessor (Russell T Davis) The new series continues to 'grow on me' It is good to switch off.

This last week has seen me create my own fantasy worlds and characters. I am pleased with the effect writing had on my mood and I hope I will spread a little joy to others when they (finally) get the chance to read my work. I am not quite at Mr Moffat's level of expertise but one day, who knows? (forgive the pun)

The actors and writers of Doctor Who have created a magical world of adventure. One that has a moral core. Children of all ages will remember moments from that show for the rest of their lives. This child does.

This gives me hope.

Writing should be a force for good. And what better thing is there than inspiring others?

I will leave you with that thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment