Saturday, June 29, 2013

Creative Visualisation

Do you daydream?

I often joke that I am a 'professional daydreamer.' I do it all the time. Sharing out the window of my office in an attempt to escape the drudgery of everyday life.

Writers should practise daydreaming. Currently I am exploring something called 'creative visualisation.' My understanding is that this is a structured method for harnessing the amazing power of our imagination to accomplish all manner of practical tasks. Whether it writing a book, quitting smoking or training for the Olympics these techniques are useful (maybe essential?)

I know the power of my unconscious mind. I have suffered from a stress disorder for almost all my life. That is gone now but I feel as if I have just woken from a thirty year coma. There is so much to do. Now I have dealt with the stress disorder I want to use the full power available to me to do some good. I want to put something back in the social pot. Pay back all those people who believed in me for so long, even when I did not believe in myself.

And I want to get my stories out there for as many readers to have as possible.

Daydreaming is vital. Structured daydreaming is awesome. Just imagine where you want to be and hey presto you have started the journey to that location.

I make no apology. Unlock your thoughts and let good things happen.

It is rather fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment