Sunday, July 28, 2013

The long haul towards publication.

Writers need stamina.

Sometimes the long haul seems just that little bit too long. At times like these I ask myself pretty searching questions. I wonder whether I will ever finish either of my books. I listen to lots of other writers struggling with the same problems. This gives me hope.

If writing was that easy then we would all be Stephen King or George RR Martin. Maybe some of us will get that far. Who knows? but it won't be easy.

I can go weeks on end without writing a word. Other times I bursting with creativity. It is a roller-coaster for me. The trouble is, I have a few other things going on in my life. Don't we all? Writing is important to me but I need to earn a wage and survive. That is reality.

So in those long evenings of doubt and self examination I have to hang on to the dreams. I will publish one day. Soon I hope. I know that many of my friends have made it into 'print' and many others are, like me, on that journey. I won't give up, and neither should anyone else.

Keep writing, it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment