Friday, July 19, 2013

Use words to help others

Once again I making progress with my science fiction.

My life is pretty complicated. I assume the same is true for most people. I would have plenty of time for creative writing if I didn't have to do 'everything else.' Good quality time at the keyboard is something I treasure.

One day it will be worth it.

But I do not just want to produce bog standard works of fiction. I don't want to be a run of the mill indie. I want to do my best. I feel I need too. Storytelling is a responsibility. A good story changes the way the reader thinks about themselves and their world. Stories are powerful tools for good.

I do not preach. I never will. I do want to make things better for others. If I can raise awareness or resources for good causes through the use of my work I will try and do so. I am thinking about the practicality of how this can be done.

But writing in itself is such a good thing that I would encourage everyone to get 'out there' and do some. Get published. Get read. Do some good with your imagination. If you win enough little victories then you win the war. Make someone elses life better with your words. It will be worth it.

I said I wouldn't preach but this is one sermon I won't give up on. I am fickle that way. I am a writer!

No comments:

Post a Comment