Thursday, July 18, 2013

Role-play without dice.

In the old days before the advent of 'Dungeons and Dragons' and all those other wonderful game systems people still role-played. It was called story telling and this craft is as old as the hills.

I want to develop a game system which uses good old fashioned storytelling at its core. No dice needed. I have the kernel for a light rule system in mind. The purpose of having any rules at all is simple to maintain the sanity of the gamesmaster and his players. The idea is to tell a joint story and have fun.

So that is my intention.

I actually love telling stories so this fits in with my creative writing. I have so many characters and settings that could be used as part of this new project. I will still write my e-books but this is definitely a project for the future.

So yet again I say 'Watch this space.' My life is busy and I am not absolutely sure when this game system will be ready. Sometime next year I hope. I hope others enjoy it as much as I do putting it together?

No comments:

Post a Comment