Sunday, September 15, 2013

Making a difference to others

I have been watching coverage of the Great North Run.

It is amazing to see all those people doing something positive and helping others. It is not an easy thing to do, running 13 miles on hard roads in the sort of weather we have in England at the moment. Well done guys.

One day I will do this one. It is on the list.

Writing is much like running in some ways. It takes dedication and skill to be good at it. I often wonder whether I have sufficient stamina to go the distance but the thrill I get from both writing and running sustains me and it so good to finish.

I think, for me, my life needs to change. I need to put my energy into the things I love and are (arguably) good at. I want to run more races and write more stories. I want to finish.

So that is an aspiration. I must use my abilities to help others. That is how I improve myself and my own situation. I have had the wonderful experience this year of regaining my health. Now is time to start thinking seriously of how I can repay the debt I owe.

And I hope you will like the results?

No comments:

Post a Comment