Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A slight pause in proceedings

My life is about to get even better.

For some time now I have only had partial hearing. The bones in my middle ear (left) fused some years ago leaving me partial deaf. I manage due to near perfect hearing in my right ear.

This is changing on Friday.

I am popping into my local hospital to have a simple operation to restore most, if not all, of my hearing in the left ear. Absolutely marvellous!

So I may not be posting much for a couple of days. I will be back by next week though.

Science and medicine can be wonderful. I am looking forward to taking advantage of the restoration of my health. This operation marks the last piece of the jigsaw. 2013 has been a very good year.

So how does this impact my writing? I will be more confident and less distracted. It is just one more boost along the way. I want to give something back through the words I use and the stories I tell. I know not everyone is as lucky as myself and I like to 'do something good' with my good fortune. So the lucky I get the more motivated I am to help others.

Stories are best when read. Mine are almost ready. Good things are going to happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment