Thursday, November 21, 2013

Write without self doubt

Why do we doubt ourselves?

As a writer I am plagued by this corrosive and totally unnecessary aspect of my life. I can get trapped in a negative spiral of uncertain outcomes and thoughts. Will I succeed as a writer? Am I good enough?

I am sure I not the only one.

As with many things in life, the secret to unlocking the puzzle is simply to have confidence in ourselves. I know this is true. I spent many years seriously ill solely due to the lack of belief in my own abilities. I recovered when my confidence rose. Don't think yourself into failure.

Writing is a craft. We all can learn to be good and successful authors. The old saying that success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration is very relevant here. If you have a weakness in an area then simply work on it. A positive attitude will lead to amazing results.

When I close my eyes I often see images of the stories I am writing. The imagery is wonderful. My job is to convey these scenes across to others. I know I have what it takes. I believe most people have what it takes!
The ideas and concepts and pictures that occupy my thoughts demand to be express in my books. I should not worry about their quality.

And neither should you worry about your stories. Get writing!


No comments:

Post a Comment