Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A fresh beginning

I don't make that many new years resolutions. I rarely keep them.

This year I have made solid progress with my stories. I have improved in many ways. I also know that there so much more to do.

My writing can get better. The broad brush storytelling approach I use is okay but needs more work. I need to use words more cleverly. I need to continuously push the boundaries of what I can achieve.

I am thinking of re-reading books I haven't looked at for decades. In the increasingly competitive marketplace it is important to be the best that 'you can be'. I fancy having a gander through the work of Laurie Lee or John Updike or maybe study my old favourites Arthur C Clarke and Isaac Asimov? There are so many good examples to follow.

I need to work on life away from the keyboard as well. That is another story.

So to you all, I wish you a happy, productive and above all restful new year. I hope things turn out for the best for you. Here is to 2014. Lets 'make it' a good year for us all.


No comments:

Post a Comment