Thursday, February 20, 2014

Mindful Writing

So it is nearly the end of February already?

2014 is flying by. Rather like the previous year did. Oh well.

It has been such a good time for me. The last year has been a bit of a renaissance period. At least as far as my writing and storytelling is concerned.

In the last six months I have quadrupled the rate at which I write. I have also gained valuable insight into how I put stories together and how I can improve this process. I am halfway through my science fiction novel 'Shadows of Earth' and I already can see how the second draft will go. I am excited but one draft at a time please.

By the end of the year I will (possibly) have two complete full length novels drafted. Publication will depend on available resources. I hope to be in print (and on screen) with something by Christmas 2014

So why is it going so well?

My sister gave me an amazing present this year. A book on 'Mindfulness'. I already am a practitioner of meditation but I am been rather inefficient in the way I had approached the activity. By focusing on the 'here and now' and 'letting go' of all the tittle tattle and unnecessary noise I was carrying round in my head I sharpened my attention and unlocked more energy.

I work better as a consequence. My stories are taking shape in an improved manner. I am making progress.

Looking after the needs of the mind is as important as keeping a health body. Writers need to do both. It helps us live better lives and it also assists us to be better at our craft.

And 'Mindfulness' is fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment