Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The end is in sight

I have been spending a rather long time writing my book.

Or should I say books...

Some of the ideas that have found their way into my story come from a long time ago. I can envisage periods of my life that have been light bulb moments. University was a place filled with creative potential. I studied physics but really I was learning about people.

I went through a phase where I was writing dozens of separate stories. It got a bit crazy and the plot lines twisted themselves together. In the end I made progress by doing the only sensible thing I could do. I combined the stories together.

Six years ago I started work on the book I now call 'Shadows of Earth'. It is mixture of characters, settings and ideas taken from over twenty years of storytelling. It gives me pleasure to finally see my ideas taken on a shape that can shared with others. The first draft is nearly complete. I can see the end. I will publish when I am ready but I do not thing that will be too far away.

Books are meant to be read. They need to be complete before this can happen obviously. I do not think any author should rush the process. I will not do this. Quality is important. On the other hand the moment comes when the story needs to be handed over to the readers. I am nearing this point with my story.

Please be gentle with it?


No comments:

Post a Comment