Monday, April 21, 2014

Changing times

Easter is a special time of year.

The seasons are changing. Here in the northern hemisphere spring is taking over from winter and the sunshine is pouring through my living room windows. I am loving every minute.

When I am grappling with a challenge that seems insurmountable I think of the natural world. Spring will always come. Winter does not last forever. Creativity always returns. I just need to relax and have faith.

This year has been my most productive ever. I am finally seeing my stories complete. I hope to finish a 'publishable' draft of my novel in the next few months. I am looking forward to sharing some more short stories. I am also researching some ideas of interactive fiction. Gamebooks are returning to the mainstream and I would love to write my own.

It is a pity there are only 24 hours in a day.

It has surprised me just how much work I can get done my being both focused and relaxed. One of the amazing things that have taken place in my life in the last 18 months is my ability to chill out and just let go of problems has significantly improved. My writing has flourished as a result. I know that I will get to live my dream of writing for a living. The ideas bumping around in my head are my guarantee. I have to continue to work hard. I have to keep learning and improving.

That is pretty obvious isn't it?







No comments:

Post a Comment