Saturday, February 9, 2013

Creative synergy.

Words paint pictures in the mind.

I love science fiction and fantasy art. It relaxes me and quite often inspires me to write. I wish my own artwork was more advanced. One day I will share some of it with you all.

But writers are in the business of creating images. We may not determine the exact rendering of our scenes in the minds of our readers. We don't have access to that kind of telepathic control yet(!) but we can choose words and word structures that imply a certain appearance or style to a dramatic event or character. We can guide our readers through the story and make subtle suggestions.

That is how it should be. Show not tell.

But sometimes I like to team up with other creative individuals and combine my words with their pictures. It can be very effective. I often like to re-share images on various social networks. I try to give credit and encouragement to the source. If I forget the sorry. Remind me. I would like to work with more closely with gifted people of all kinds to create richer fantasy worlds. It would be fun.

I believe that we all have a responsibility to ourselves and each other to share good, positive and wholesome imagery  Words have power. They shape our thoughts. Pictures speak loudly. Put the two things together and whole worlds can be moved.

The wonderful experience of art should be shared. It should also be used for good. I am adding my words to this cause. Will you do so as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment