Monday, February 11, 2013

Harnessing 'Story Power'

Two things matter to me above all others. My stories and my family.

For those of you who follow my posts on a regular basis will know I have two poorly parents. Most of my free time is taken up supporting or thinking about them. My mother is especially vulnerable at the moment. I am sorry if I do not manage to post every day. Life gets in the way.

So many of us experience loss. There is so much wrong with our world and our lives. I have had to fight a titanic battle against stress over many years. I am winning. I am fighting for the lives of my loved ones too.

I want to make my life meaningful. To give it definition. There must be a point to existence beyond mere survival.

In the coming days, weeks, months or years I will be building an organisation to make that difference.

Image the resources generated globally by the entertainment industry. What if there was a game studio or a publishing house or an e-bookstore that not only served the needs of its customers but generated a substantial  amount for good causes. Cancer research would be high on my list.

I would run a commercial company with the sole aim of doing good by harnessing he power of the creative arts. It will take time to conceive properly. I am open to ideas from others.

It is early days still. I have a whole gamut of responsibilities (both personal and professional) I need the time to  think. I know that it could years for this project to get going.

But it will happen.







No comments:

Post a Comment