Sunday, February 3, 2013

Glorious Sundays

A day of rest?

Sunday for me has always been the day I 'get stuff done.' Saturdays are for household jobs. The remaining part of the week is intended (in my mind) for writing. Sometimes I even get to publish my work.

It takes time to get things right. My day job involves checking up on other people and processes. That takes time and attention to get right too. I do not claim to find all the imperfections in my creative writing but I know I should not rush.

'Children of the Strom' has been bumping around in my head for at least five years or so. Its true origins date back to around 1994 but the project only began to take shape when I discovered an old story design (down the back of the sofa. Well almost) and thought I could do 'something good' with it.

It takes time to tell a good story.

I am now agilely publishing my book. I hope you enjoy what you find and I welcome your suggestions for improvements (or corrections!). The story is in second draft form and will be subject to further change. I am going to take as long as is needed to get it right. I do not see why I should keep it all to myself though. It can be found at.

http://childrenofthestorm.blogspot.co.uk/

It is rough and ready at the moment. A work in progress. The final version will include many more components of the story. I hope you enjoy what you find.

Sunday is a good day for this kind of thing. Resting, reading and planning for the future. What is the next step for me? Not sure, but writing is going to be central. Have a great evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment