Tuesday, April 9, 2013

So many stories to tell

I just have to write more.

I need to create more things of worth both in my fictional worlds and the real one.

Stress drags us all down. It is fact of modern life that none of us can escape from forever. Creative writing offers a way out for both the writer and readers. The mere act of storytelling releases natural chemicals into our bloodstreams that cancels the evils of the stress reaction.

In a very real sense stories make our lives better.

Writing should be for everyone. That is the brilliant reality that the 'indie revolution  is bring to so many people. Write a good story. Publish it on the Internet and improve your lifestyle (and in some cases income) as a result. Above all enjoy the act of writing.

When I was a child I was inspired by the imaginations of people such as Gene Roddenberry and Steven Spielberg. I cried at the death ET and I was a dedicated follower of Kirk, Spock and co. I still am.

If only there were more stories like this. I studied Ursula Le Guin at secondary school and that got me going on the path I follow today. The stories are all around us.

And today we all can be authors.

That has to be a good thing. For us personally and for each other. So get writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment