Thursday, April 11, 2013

The future is unwritten.

In the depths of my memory I can recall the odd (and they were quite 'odd') lecture on quantum mechanics.

The future is a mystery. A bubble of possibilities that is unformed. Unwritten.

So often we thing that the past determines our destiny. We are a collection of memories, experiences, genetics and maybe something more but life seems to follow a set path. It is not always true but for many of us it appears to be the case.

When I say it is always true I mean something else. It is not true at all.

The past is no more real than our future. It exists in our minds. It is gone. The quantum mechanical foam has reclaimed it. Why be its prisoner?

Easy to say? No. Not for me. I have spent a lifetime trapped by a set of assumptions and learned behaviours  Stress had claimed the first thirty or so years of my life. I have been bouncing around like a cork in the wake of a supertanker. I have had no control.

But I have dreamed of something different.

From year zero my gift for creating fantastic alternative versions of my reality has saved me from being crushed by my own mind and bodies stress reactions. It gives me hope. It makes me the person I am. It is why I must keep struggling. Keep writing.

But the future is uncharted territory. I am free of the clutches of my past. The present is the only hard and fast reality. My future is indeed unwritten.

And I am determined to write it.

No comments:

Post a Comment