Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A dark and stormy night...

It is pouring with rain outside. It is cold. I do not wish to venture out into the great outdoors tonight.

Brilliant.

Bad weather is good for the soul of the writer. Well it is for this writer because it means I can get something done. Summer is all well and good but more often than not the beer (cider) garden's call out to me and I can not resist. I have tried to write after a couple of drinks but I do not think many people would want to read the material I produce under those circumstances.

It is good to cuddle up in front of a screen and craft something special. It makes life worth living sometimes.

I am in between stories at the moment. Waiting for my life to quieten down enough for me to make some solid progress on my books or to cook up some shorter pieces which I can share with others. A dark and stormy night produces many a good tale. I have a few ideas bubbling away on the old creative stove. Lets see which ones make it.

Cold winters can sometimes bring out the best in writers. I hate the lack of sunlight but I do think long and hard about the characters and plot lines that have dominated my free time. It is summer now but the relapse in the the weather brings these thoughts to mind.

I am ready to write.


No comments:

Post a Comment