Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The power of a good song

I was listening to music on my drive home from my parents tonight.

John Lennon's 'Imagine.'

What a fantastic song. A controversial one as well. If only we all could live in peace on this world of ours? I believe one day we will.

Some writers peach and others simply entertain or inform. I do a bit of all three. I have wanted to make the world better in some way all my life. I have dabbled in politics. That was a bad move. I have believed in lots of things and pursued lots of causes. Some have been worthwhile and some a wild goose chase. I have found that, for myself, the best way to improve my life and that of others is through the things I do best.

I just have to write stories.

I do not impose my world view on others I hope. Above all every book, film or play has to be a good story. Sometimes the really good ones have a message or two tucked away.

And I am dreamer too.

No comments:

Post a Comment