Saturday, October 19, 2013

CYOA style movies

I often write posts about my love of the 'Choose your own adventure' series of books. I have read a multitude of gamebooks and muli-branch interactive fiction but wouldn't it be good to see them on Television?

A Choose your own adventure style movie? One written by experience screenwriters, with real actors and a top director. The viewer would watch a section of the film and then decide which subsequent scenes happened. It could be amazing if done right.

Obviously it is not something I am likely to be involved with. At least not for a long while. I am reliably told that the technology to do the multi-branching is built into DVDs. I am not an expert on film technology though. I do not own a television currently!

But maybe some of the old 'Fighting Fantasy' classics or the 'Lone Wolf' / 'Way of the Tiger' gamebooks could be re-imaged as screenplays / screen-games?

I would love to see someone try. It would be fun.

And no doubt someone else has already had a go. I would love to find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment