Thursday, October 17, 2013

Interactive writing

I have previous posted about my love of all things CYOA (Choose your own adventure) But how about interactive writing as well as the reading / playing.

How easy is it is to involve readers early in the creative process. I would hesitate to release my early drafts of most of my books. I did try that approach at the start of the year but stopped when I realised it wasn't working that well. My writing was not ready for release.

I would love to give people more of an insight into 'my world'. I am not sure I would get a lot of takers though!

There are a number of companies that have started recently to produce various forms of 'Interactive' or 'Active' fiction. Agile Publishing models have been around for while too. I will think hard about writing in a way that could accommodate some of these concepts. I want to remain open minded over how I approach my work.

Who knows, it is bound to be quite fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment