Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Look forward.

Navel gazing is dangerous.

At best it is a waste of time. It can be harmful. If bad things have happened in the past then they are best left there. Do not reproduce them in the present.

I try to learn from my mistakes. I deeply regret not tackling my problems with stress much earlier. I am not going to ponder the possibilities of what might have happened. I would go bonkers.

I have done many good things too. I think these memories are more useful. Even so, I need to keep moving on in my life. I am not going to bank on past results. No resting on my laurels for me.

The future is more interesting.

My life is opening up in ways I could not have dreamed of even a few short years ago. My writing is finally reaching a standard where I can hope to publish and be successful. My relationships with friends, family, work colleagues and even complete strangers are getting stronger and healthier. Life is good.

It can get even better. Sometimes we do not anticipate our own potential. I know I underrate many things I do. We should all blow our trumpets. If there is a book in each one of us then get writing!

But only view the past as a way of improving the future. That is its sole purpose.


No comments:

Post a Comment