Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Do not publish until you are ready

If you do not feel ready to publish then you probably shouldn't

That is my feelings for my books.

I have nearly finished my fantasy novella and I am going to have resist with all my willpower the urge to convert the manuscript into an e-book and 'put it out there.' I need to complete my edits, get the document proofread and reviewed by an external editor and then make the corrections, more proofreading and maybe after that it will be ready.

Truth is, the longer I take the better the finished story will be.

And I think that there is too much pressure on writers to publish before they are ready. Resist!

I would love to have several full length novels or collections of novella published around the same time. It would be fabulous. It would also be commercially sensible. I am going to wait until this becomes a possibility

So sorry to everyone who wants to read my books. I will produce short stories for you all. I am a perfectionist and I will not compromise on the quality of my work.

It will be worth the wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment