Sunday, November 3, 2013

Risk making mistakes.

Every now and then something happens that trips me up in some way.

This week I attended a conference organised by my employer. It was useful in many ways but I was tired and I let the stress get to me.

I tripped up.

I am a great believer in learning from mistakes and I attempt to leave the failed experiments of the past where they belong. In the past.

I thought I had conquered stress. I wanted to move on. A twelve hour stint in a conference centre should have been straight forward. I was wrong. By the end of the day I was exhausted. Never mind.

When these things happen it important to maintain perspective. I am positive about the progress I have made in fighting stress. 99% of the time I know will cope. That is better than a lot of other people. In another year or so I will be even stronger still. 

One day I will be able to pay back the debt I owe to society. So many people have helped me. I want help others. I want my stories to be of use. I have many talents of which I do not make enough use. 

And if I do take the risk of making a few minor mistakes then I will not be able to realise my dreams. 

That would be a shame.


No comments:

Post a Comment